Enabling Online Securities Quotes

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 13:09:56 EST 2007

'Dueling perls' -- I had to laugh at that. I can hear the banjos already.

Nonetheless, you're probably onto something. 'which perl' returns
"/opt/local/bin/perl" suggesting a Macports installation of perl. 'port list
perl*' returns: perl5.8  @5.8.8  lang/perl5.8, while 'fink list perl*' returns:

p   perl586-core                  [virtual package]
     perl588          5.8.8-4      The Perl programming language, v. 5.8.8
     perl588-core     5.8.8-4      Core files for perl, v. 5.8.8

suggesting that fink had nothing to do with getting perl going. Per the cpan
FAQ, the command 'perldoc perllocal' tells me that:

      Mon Jun 19 01:49:29 2006: "Module" Date::Manip
       o   "installed into: /sw/lib/perl5"
       o   "LINKTYPE: dynamic"
       o   "VERSION: 5.42"
       o   "EXE_FILES: "

      Mon Jun 19 01:51:24 2006: "Module" HTML::Tagset
       o   "installed into: /sw/lib/perl5"
       o   "LINKTYPE: dynamic"
       o   "VERSION: 3.10"
       o   "EXE_FILES: "

      Wed Mar 22 22:39:04 2006: "Module" IO::String
       o   "installed into: /sw/lib/perl5"
       o   "LINKTYPE: dynamic"
       o   "VERSION: 1.06"
       o   "EXE_FILES: "

which is interesting, since I just updated Date::Manip to 5.45, according to
cpan. Now, any suggestions how should I proceed to clean up the mess?

David