v2.2.4 QIF import & reports

Stuart Blood stuart.blood at VALLEY.NET
Sun Mar 9 14:53:25 EDT 2008

At 07:53 PM 3/8/2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
 >On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 06:02:58PM -0500, Stuart Blood wrote:
 >> (2) I have struggled quite a bit with reports.  How do I get an
 >> expense report for a particular period?  For example, how can I see
 >> what I spent on "utilities" in 2007.  No matter that I set the date
 >> range, my reports always show activity for the current year.
 >
 >are you sure you have transactions for utilities in 2007? Are you sure
 >that you are actually setting the date range properly? Just to go
 >through the basics Report -> Income & Expense -> Income
 >Statement. After the report does the initial run, click the Option
 >button on the toolbar. Select "general" and pick starting and ending
 >dates appropriately. Start with "Previous Year Start" and "Previous
 >Year End" and then click OK. The report should rerun and display the
 >new information.

Thanks, Andrew.

That was very helpful.  It was the basics that I hadn't figured
out.  I'm almost there.  Two more questions, if your'e willing:

(1) I have sub-accounts under "utilities", e.g. "electric", "phone",
"gas".  In the "Income statement" dialog, where I select the accounts
for the report, I've selected "utilities" expecting a report on all
the sub-accounts, as well.  Even though I set "levels of subaccounts"
to "all", the total for utilities was 0.00.  I had to manually select
the subaccounts.  Am I missing something?

(2) Once I've generated a report by picking all the parameters, is
there a way to save it for future periods?

Thanks again.

         Stuart