What tax line item to use for state UC tax?

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:00:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM, David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>wrote:

> It doesn't look to me like there is a separate TXF category for that tax.
> It is an income-based tax withheld by the state, so you could try assigning
> the state withholding category to it, and double-check any reports/imports
> to make sure they are summed instead of truncated. You might also have to
> mess with tax software a bit if you do try importing the data.

Thanks, Dave!

I went ahead and assigned the state witholding category to it, and tried the
report. It shows up as two different items (reg witholding, and UC), both in
the report and in the TXF export.

I find it kind of odd that the TXF export would have *two* identical items
in it (only difference in the amount), both for state witholding; seems like
it should sum the values. ATM I don't have any tax software, so I can't
determine how it will work. But I'm kinda expecting some problems...

*/So I guess the question now is: what is supposed to happen when you assign
multiple accounts to one TXF category? *Why* isn't the entire category
summed?

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com