Conversion of foreign currency in budget report

SandervN spam at sandervannoorden.nl
Mon Mar 23 17:02:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am accounting in NZD and EUR. When I create a balance sheet, cash flow or
similar items GNUcash will convert the NZD amounts to EUR using Average
cost/Weighted average/Most recent/Nearest in time.

My problem is that when I generate a report based on a budget, GNUcash will
not convert the NZD values to EUR. I can't find this option in the buget
options, or in the options of the budget report. Is this impossible or am I
missing something?

I use this particular budget to get an overview of my expenses per month,
something that is not possible with the cashflow report (that will give you
the expenses in only 1 period).

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Cheers, Sander