GNUCASH 2.2.9 WINDOWS XP SP2 DEAD!

Kim_Wood kim.wood at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 7 16:15:08 EDT 2009

No - I have now loaded some more things on, which run fast and very
successfully.  The problem is definitely GNUCash!  My system has 2 Gb
memory, and a snappy little Atom processor.  The Windows XP SP2 opsys has
all the latest updates.  It's certainly not a pig of a system - very much
the opposite.

Is there anyone out there who was involved in the Windows port that might
have any comments?

Today, the first time I attempted to run GNUCash, it started in seconds, and
ran fine.  Subsequently, back to the same 15 minutes to get the splash
screen up.  Something very strange about this problem!