Help on spliting wages

Kim Jones manjo at sa.chariot.net.au
Mon Oct 5 09:10:02 EDT 2009

Hi,
I’m new and sorry to say, I am having a huge amount of trouble understanding
how I enter my salary which I want to split.  I want to track everything.  I
have tried studying the GNUCash contents help file and the Tutorial and
Concepts Guide but I just can not  seem to get it to make sense to me.  I
want to split my salary into:
1.	my base hourly rate
2.	extra hours
3.	super salary sacrifice (I make an extra contribution into my super fund)
4.	PAYG withholding(government income tax)
5.	superannuation (which is part of my salary which my employer pays). I
guess you know that
.

So would someone please be kind enough to help me.  Do I have to enter my
salary into the Equity: Opening Balance account first and then have that
transferred into my Everyday Access account which is my bill paying account
and split my salary there?  or do I do the split in the Equity account
first?
I apologise for being so long winded and also hope the question is clear but
any help would go a long way.
I have the 2.2.9 GNUCash and am running XP Home edition. Not sure if you
need any more information than that.

Kind Regards,
Miss Kim Jones

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091004-0, 04/10/2009
Tested on: 5/10/2009 11:40:52 PM