libdbi for postgresql

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:13:13 EDT 2011

James, over the long run sqlite3 will be easier to use than postgres.

I think using postgres is a bit of overkill (like storing Quicken data
in Oracle, perhaps).

But if you want to run postgres, you can find the installer packages at:
http://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx
I'm not sure if libdbi is included.  You can probably find out by
reading the package list.

You can also install the libdbi if you use Fink or Macports.  But then
you have to install one of those two environments.

Good luck!

PS sqlite3 is installed on the Mac by default and updated by the OS so
it is easier to manage and use.  You can access the database manually
using a jdbc driver and using some SQL front end like DbVisualizer.