Reconcile question

Chris Harris chris.harris123 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:10:53 EST 2011

I seem to have an issue with the opening balance in a checking account
when I choose reconcile.

All transactions for the month and prior month are reconciled.  They
show a Y in the R column in the ledger.  The balance for the beginning
of the month is correct in the ledger.  When I choose reconcile, the
beginning balance is off by 13,176.94.  Other discussions I have seen
on this topic try to correct this by entering an offsetting
transaction, but as I said, my balance is correct in the ledger.  Any
suggestions on how I can correct this?

Using Ubuntu 10.10 and the Standard Ubuntu distribution of gnucash v  2.2.9.

Thank you