How do you turn off debugging messages?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Mar 18 22:37:18 EDT 2011

On Mar 18, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Scott Simpson wrote:

>> What I meant to ask is are you passing in any log options on the
>> command line (perhaps inadvertently in a desktop file)?
>
> I shouldn't be:
>
> ssimpson at madhatter:~/.gnucash$ which gnucash
> /usr/bin/gnucash
> ssimpson at madhatter:~/.gnucash$ file /usr/bin/gnucash
> /usr/bin/gnucash: POSIX shell script text
> ssimpson at madhatter:~/.gnucash$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/gnucash
> gnucash-2.2.9-6.2.x86_64
> ssimpson at madhatter:~/.gnucash$
>
> I'm just starting using the regular GnuCash binary on a SuSE 11.4 system.
> Where else would I look besides in ~/.gnucash? (Nothing interesting in there).

Please remember to reply to the list: Use "reply-all", or if your mail client supports it, "reply-list".

/usr/bin/gnucash is a shell script -- or a link to one.  Take a look at it, maybe there's something there.

You can always delete (or rename, if you want to keep it for some reason) log.conf; then the annoying messages will go to /tmp/gnucash.trace where you can ignore them unless something goes wrong.

Regards,
John Ralls