Posted invoice 'memo' field

Nik gnucash at babel.homelinux.net
Thu May 12 19:56:16 EDT 2011

Thanks Derek,

On 05/10/2011 11:49 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Sadly, I can't yet understand how your suggestion would work - but on
>> first reading, it seems that I would lose the feature I really want -
>> which is that information I enter when I create an invoice is visible
>> in the A/R once the invoice has been posted.
> I'm not sure it does.  At this point there is no way to get your Invoice
> Notes into the transaction in the CoA.

So, that brings me back to my original question:

If I were to code a change in GnuCash to have my Invoice notes visible
in the A/R account, what would be the most "logical", "correct" or
"desirable" way to do that?

a) copy the invoice notes into the post memo field by default?
b) provide a GnuCash option to copy the invoice notes into the post memo
c) provide a new (possibly optional) field/column in the A/R account
view that shows the original invoice notes?
d) other?

Cheers!
Nik