How to attribute a refund to an invoice that had to be modified?

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Fri May 13 10:09:10 EDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 02:01 AM, Maf King wrote:
> In the past I have handled this sort of situation by amending the original
> invoice in GC, to add a "credit/refund" line, with explanation in the notes.
Yes, that keeps the refund tied to the original invoice.  It's easy to do.  That's good.

I had not considered it before simply because I had changed the prices of other lines already
Instead of changing the prices of existing lines, I can make extra lines that cause a price reduction
and balance those with a refund and document the whole process.

Thanks,

John