Members Only

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue May 17 02:13:59 EDT 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 14:39:27 -0700
Joseph Smith <jsmithlivermore at pacbell.net> wrote:

> I've either stepped of on the wrong foot, or the help request
> interface is significantly deficient.
>
>     * ** |<gnucash-user at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-user at gnucash.org>>
>       gets me this email form|
>     * ** |<gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
> <mailto:gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>> gets me to an email form that
> appears to be appropriate should I volunteer to be a developer|
>     * irc.gnome.org takes me to what appears to be an arcane download
> site.
>     * The *|GnuCash|* web site <http://www.gnucash.org> link doesn't
> work
>
> So, sent a question the the user address and got the response that
> I'll need to wait for a moderator to adjudicate a non-member access
> to a members only site.
>
> I am attempting to use GnuCash and have some challenges in making it
> work.
>
> I don't remember running across a "sign-up" button allowing me to
> participate in discussions.
>
> If I indeed took the wrong path please point me in the right
> direction. If not, I submit updates in the help request tools are in
> order.  Please implement at least a "Sign Up" function to allow folks
> to join rather than getting the "members only" message.  I am sure
> the message is intended to be sincere, I took it the wrong way and
> felt insulted -- particularly after enduring a frustrating series of
> crashes.
>
> Sincerely.
> Joseph A. Smith

G'day Joseph

You have approached the nabble interface to a mailing list. We don't
control the nabble interface, only the mailing list.
I'm the human who (currently) lets messages pass. I check twice a day,
so there is a delay in the system.

There is not a way that we have been able to influence the way nabble
presents the mailing list to advise that there is a block before
posting a message.
Perhaps if more people notified nabble of the trouble they would
consider putting an appropriate notice on their site.

Liz