Columns too narrow/can't adjust

carpetnailz at researchintegration.org carpetnailz at researchintegration.org
Sun Nov 6 12:41:34 EST 2011

My Deposit/Withdrawal/Balance columns are not the right width. In
particular the Deposit column only shows some of the numerals. And I
can't get gnucash to let me adjust the widths. Mostly when I try to drag
a column wider, to create some space for the Deposit column, it springs
right back to it's original width. Occasionally I can seemingly get a
column to change its width only to have to revert when I go to a
different account or even when I return to the account where I changed
the width.

How can I make the necessary adjustment? I looked under Preferences, but
there doesn't seem to be any relevant options there.

The suggestion in the FAQ for adjusting register column size doesn't
help. The only way to change the size of the Deposit column seems to be
to shrink the Description column. So I can't adjust its size first, the
way the FAQ suggests. Isn't there some other way to override the
autosizing feature of the Description column?

Thanks.