Unable to receive quote for CURRENCY:EUR

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Feb 5 17:03:58 EST 2012

--On February 5, 2012 1:40:30 AM -0500 Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu>
wrote:

> --On February 3, 2012 11:54:34 AM -0500 David Reiser
> <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> It looks like finance-quote is having troubles with all currencies
>> today -- which suggests yahoo has done something again. Last time we
>> had a disruption, it went away in a day. We'll see.
>
> Yahoo changed their website and since finance quote works by screen
> scraping it any change is likely to break it.  Actually finance quote
> uses two different URLs to get currency quotes.  One of them changed
> several months ago and it fell back to the other.  That one changed
> on Feb. 1 so it didn't work either.
>
> I've attached a zip file that contains two patches.  The first one
> fixes both of these URLs to work again.  The second is an unrelated
> change that makes very small exchange rates work better.  For example
> the KRW to USD exchange rate was 1 krw = 0.0009 usd before the change
> and it's 1 krw = 0.00089656 usd after.
>
> I've submitted these to the finance quote site, but I doubt much will
> happen with them.  Other patches submitted over a year ago have never
> been applied to the repository and there hasn't been a new version in
> over two years.

I just realized that there is an earlier patch to Quote.pm that must be
applied before these two.  I've attached it to this message.  This
patch is so old that I thought it was already in F::Q, but it's not
even in the GIT repository yet.  It was originally produced on April
26, 2010 by Stian Soiland-Reyes and is described in a message to the
F::Q mailing list which is archived at <http://sourceforge.net/mailarc
hive/forum.php?thread_name=j2l 68db3ea71004261347lac34e2c6q5f
6dd0ef978ee782%40mail.gmail.co m&forum_name=finance-quote-dev el>.
Sorry for the confusion.  I just attached it to the bug report at
<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=56469>.

          Mike