Duplicated "Trading" accounts

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Feb 21 02:00:15 EST 2012

--On February 20, 2012 1:22:19 PM -0800 am65 <amarquez65 at yahoo.es>
wrote:

> Hello, since I updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.7 my "Trading" accounts were
> duplicated.
>
> Previously I had the "Trading" accounts and now I also have the
> "Comercial" accounts.
>
> It looks like with the new version it creates a new "Comercial"
> (trading in spanish) root account in language of GnuCash and ignores
> the previously "Trading" root account.
>
> How can I go back to use my old "Trading" root account? I have tried
> to change the language of GnuCash, but didn't find where that option
> to change the language is.

This is really a bug, I think.  It shouldn't be looking up existing
trading accounts by name so that the localized name doesn't matter.
Were you running version 2.4.0 in English?  I don't think this changed
between 2.4.0 and 2.4.7.

How you change the language depends on what system you are using.  Are
you using Windows?  If so I'll defer to someone who knows how Windows
works.

Do you want to run it in English?  If not you probably can move the
transactions from the existing Trading accounts to the new Comercial
accounts, although I would make sure I had a good backup before trying
this.  If you delete the Trading accounts it should ask you where to
move the transactions and you can tell it to move them to the
corresponding Comercial account.  Or if you want to use English you
could do the reverse move.

           Mike