Decimal point

Alain Cageda alaincageda at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 17 03:36:45 EST 2012

________________________________
 Hi.

I was using GnuCash in English so far. I have just changed to French. In the French environment the default decimal sign is a comma. As I prefer a point I set it to "point" in the config. pannel (where the language is set, you can configure that through a "personalize this profile" button).

Since then the "point" key of my digit pad has become inefficient and a bit later on (why only later I don't know) the decimal sign disappeared completely both from my past entries and the new I now make. There is just a space to separate the decimals from the rest.

I know I could force the number of decimals and thus get, for instance, "20.00" by entering "2000". But if I get used to that, it will cause mistakes when I work in another environment. So I'd rather not do that.

Any help much appreciated.
Alain