Encoding problems - MySql backend

Bernardo Romero bromero at scalaria.co
Fri Jan 20 15:58:06 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

Today, without having made any changes to my PC, I started having funny
characters where accented Spanish characters used to be. It looks like at
least one of the server/schema/table/field collation settings was corrupted
at some point. However, everything looks correctly set to UTF8_general_CI.
 I will try and change the characters back using SQL, but I wanted to know
whether somebody had this kind of problem before.

I'm using Gnucash 2.4.6 with a MySQL server 5.1.42

Bernardo