Equity-Opening Balance Never Changes

janfl janicez45 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:41:40 EDT 2012

I have been using gnu cash for a couple of months. What I am noticing is that
my equity balance never changes under accounts. Under equity, it says
opening balances. I want it to show how much equity I have after everything
is balanced. It just stays fixed at opening balance and yes, I know that is
my opening balance. I would like the accounts page to reflect my current
equity.  I pull the reports to get my cash flow and profit and loss. Would
appreciate if someone could advise me.