How to split and/or set accounts?

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 21:31:08 EDT 2013

Greetings,

Renewed registration for two vehicles today. I used functionality of
shopping cart on DMV's web site to combine both payments as one credit
card charge.

I have split the transaction so that two accounts for vehicles get it's
proper split.

Here is the problem I am facing.

I want to see details of this transaction at 3 locations:

1. My credit card (My upcoming bill for credit card) - Total transaction
2. Vehicle (So that I know how much I am spending annually on
maintenance and taxes)
3. Taxes

Expense belongs to vehicle, however some part of the annual fee is tax
deductible and I would like to keep track of taxes I am paying for
future references.

What is the best way to set up this kind of transaction. Currently split
transaction shows under vehicle account as expense, but split shows the
original transaction.

Regards,

Niranjan