Can you get invoices to use other than an Income Account?

Jon Dallara jondallara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 01:35:34 EDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 08:00 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jon Dallara <jondallara at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>    Is there any way to get the invoice to accept the Assets:Reimbursed
>> Expenses Receivable account?  Is there another way of doing this?
>> I've attached an account summary so the Income problem can be seen.
> Yes, you can.  Just type in the account.  It does allow Asset accounts;
> they just don't show up in the dropdown.
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jon.
> -derek

Tried but it won't accept it.  Entered Assets:Reimbursed Expenses
Receivable in the income account column and tabbed to the quantity
column and the income account column reverted to showing /Income
Account/ in light grey.  If I mis-type the account name it will open a
dialog asking me if I want to create that account so I know it is
reading the entry, its just ignoring it.  I'm running 2.4.12 on Ubuntu
13.04.  The Assets:Reimbursed Expenses Receivable account is of type
A/receivable.

Thanks,  Jon.

--
Jon Dallara