Similar GNU cash program needed

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 01:53:29 EDT 2014

Thanks for all of the replies folks.

I would rather stick with GNU Cash which ticks all of the boxes in terms of
my requirements. Looking back, there was probably a degree of frustration in
my post as I struggled with the data entry (see related thread)

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Chapter-8-investment-accounts-td4665181.html

The other concern was reading the bug report for the new version where one
user reported 4 minutes to load the application. Mine is no where near that
at around 40 -50 seconds or so but it is taking a lot longer, also moving
around inside the app has a 'delayed' feel to it.

That hanging between tabs is displaying all the signs of freezing although
it hasn't done so yet.

I don't know the protocol involved in new releases but my initial thoughts
were 'this hasn't even been tested' and here I am entrusting all of my data.

Sorry to be on a bit of a downer, just voicing my concerns as an end user.

It's a great program which knocks spots off anything that's out there. If I
can be of help in testing or contribute in other ways please let me know.

Thanks again.

David