Cash Flow Report Changes

Tim Barber timfbarber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:12:10 EDT 2014

After upgrading to 2.6.2, I have come across a difference in the Cash
Flow report which I believe is not correct. The problem is that now a
transaction cannot have both an expense and income. An example would be
for a deposit, I have also have a cash expense that I would record in
the deposit. This worked well previously because the report would show
both the income and expense as well have a single entry in the register
which is what I would see in the bank reconciliation at the end of the
month (which made the reconciliation a breeze). With 2.6 I can either do
a double entry for the Cash Flow report which made reconciling a pain,
or have a single entry in the register and the Cash Flow report not show
both the income and expense (see Bug 722140 for a complete history). To
be honest, I believe how 2.4 worked is correct and in line with other
accounting packages.
With the help of Carsten Rinke, I have tried everything I believe in 2.6
to get it to act like 2.4 but with no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tim Barber