reconcile status when importing transactions

Nolan Young nryoung415 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:32:22 EDT 2014

release: 2.6.3
OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 Linux

I've noticed that when I import transactions from a QIF file, the Reconcile
Status column for them shows "n", whereas when I import transactions from a
CSV file, the Reconcile Status column for them shows "c" (cleared).  When
they show cleared, it saves a little time when reconciling, because in the
reconcile screen they are already checked and therefore added to the
deposits and withdrawals.

Is this the way it's supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong when
importing the QIF file?

Thanks,
Nolan Young