icon text

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon May 5 11:44:05 EDT 2014

On Monday 05 May 2014 07:51:17 Brian M. Sutin wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 12:18:10AM -0400, John Ralls wrote:
> > On May 4, 2014, at 3:02 PM, Brian M. Sutin <gnucash2 at skewray.com> wrote:
> > > The customization for my distro (Lubuntu) is to have a toolbar
> > > style of "Text Beside Icons".  It appears to only work for the
> > > Sve and Close icons. If I set the customization to "Text Only",
> > > then all the icons become text only.  Setting it to "Text Below
> > > Icons" works as well.  I therefore conclude that Gnucash has a
> > > bug regarding "Text Beside Icons".

Perhaps, perhaps not :)

> > I wasn't aware of that option at all. To be sure that I understand
> > the problem, you use the Lubuntu configuration tool to set "Text
> > Only", "Text Below Icons" and "Icons Only" and the effect is
> > immediate, but if you set "Text beside Icons", you must shut down
> > and restart GnuCash for the setting to take effect.
> Text Besides Icons will not work for almost all icons, even after a
> restart.

GnuCash does nothing in particular with regards to the toolbar configuration. This is purely gtk+
code.

Some toolbar buttons are configured as "important". The "Save" and "Close" buttons are two of
them. The only thing GnuCash does for these buttons is to set the "is_important" property. How
this is interpreted is totally up to gtk. I suspect that each gtk theme can choose for itself how to
interpret the tool bar display hints.

Geert