main accounts window

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri May 23 06:34:03 EDT 2014

On Thu 22 May 14 17:30:10 Gary Newlin wrote:
> after transfering funds from bank account to credit card the Liabilities
> top account with all sub accounts disappeared from the accounts window. I
> managed to duplicate all of the accounts in another accounts window but
> the main accounts window still does not display liabilities.

Hi Gary,

Which version of GC and which OS?

Do you mean that the Liabilities parent account and all it's children are now
not showing up in the chart of accounts (or tree) view?

and View->New Accounts Page still doesn't show them up?  (I'm on GC 2.4.13,
may be a different menu in other versions)

What if you do View->filter by -> [other tab] -> tick "Show Hidden Accounts"
in the CoA view?

Can you see the liabilities accounts in a drop-down list when entering a new
transaction?

If you still can't find the Liabilities tree, I think you must have
inadvertently deleted it - in which case, the only choices are:
1. recreate the tree and all the transactions
-or-
newer data.

HTH,
Maf.