Rebalance message

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 19 15:39:31 EST 2014

John,

John Volrath <johnvolrath at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes I enter .99 after £s but it always rounds up to £s

> I should mention that my Mac os is Yosemite previously Lion. The  fact
> wording in the last message was ```````'the current transaction is not
> balanced . Balance it manually or let GnuCash add an adjusting split!.
> John

What account type are you entering this data into?  The only time I've
seen the rounding happen is when you use a Stock/Mutual account type but
don't assign a correct security to it.

Another possibility is that somehow your default SCU got set to 1
instead of 1/100.

The rounding is different than the balancing.