Italian Fund Quotation

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 22:59:10 EDT 2015

Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:36:09 <003901d07cd7$62c95940$285c0bc0$@gmail.com>
Fabio Mauri <fabio1861 at gmail.com>

>Hi
>
>I have installed the Finance Quote to have the daily quotations of my funds.

I do not recommend using gnc for daily quotes, it is not well suited to
dealing with the volume of information, it does not have the expected
graphical tools, it is not good at distinguishing intra day prices *and*
it would be a pain in the culo recording frequent trades with the
provided interface.

So, match your gnc price fetching to your portfolio valuation points, I
suggest weekly or monthly, and use something else for watching the
market is my general advice. [1]

Having said that ...

>The only source available for the Italian founds is Yahoo Europe but, I
>don't know why, the quotation from this site are  wrongs (sometime the
>difference versus real quote are different for more than 10%!!).

Finance::Quote (generally) gets its prices from publicly available
sources.  Are you comparing the price F::Q gets versus a live feed?  If
so F::Q will (like the public price source) always be behind.  Live
prices cost money!

Further there are always differences in buy and sell prices that can
easily account for 10% or more on illiquid instruments and some Mutual
Funds / Unit Trusts / whatever they are called in Italy specifically set
their prices to make them more or less attractive relative to assets
depending on marketing campaigns and so on.

>I tried all others sources but no one have the Italian quotes.

It is a good idea to see the source F::Q is using in your browser
yourself before saying F::Q is wrong, that way you'll see F::Q *can't*
get a price you can't see for yourself and copy and paste into gnc.

>Can anyone help me? There is possible to add in the sources list another
>website as www.morningstar.it <http://www.morningstar.it> ?

it looks like F::Q knows about morningstar.se and morningstar.co.jp so
I'd suggest you start with one of those as a template if you wanted to
add morningstar.it

[1] some people disagree with me about this, I believe they speak from
principle rather than practice :)

--
Wm...