Direct deposit

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu May 28 08:10:40 EDT 2015

On 5/27/2015 9:50 PM, Dennis Powless wrote:
> Thanks....I have incoming direct deposit and get how that all works, didn't
> know if gnucash helped w the outgoing part, seems not

I think what you were asking for was whether (like when writing checks
for printing) gnucash would also produce and output file formatted to be
transmitted to your banking application to trigger the direct deposit
transactions. I want you to think about that for a moment:

a) Does your online banking application even allow you* to transmit
files? (bring in a file instead of you typing in stuff). If not, you
shouldn't think of gnucash as "not supporting".
b) Think of all the on-line banking applications. Even if they did
support this, not likely that they would all want the same format.

How DO you do the direct deposit payments now?

Michael D. Novack

* I put it that way, since the bank's large commercial customers might
in fact be able to send files to the bank. Writing something to format
those could have been my line of country in my working days. But that
would have been outside of the bank's "on-line banking" for ordinary
customers.