[GNC] new accounts are omitted from reports

Scott Ellsworth scott at fastmail.us
Wed Jan 10 14:17:56 EST 2024

Hi all,

I have a strange problem now: When I create new income accounts, they are omitted in income statement reports, and the numbers in them are omitted from the totals.

The situation is that I need to record US and foreign income separately now for tax purposes. So I created a new account, Income > Business > Tutoring > foreign revenue, and moved a few transactions over to that account. Then I renamed my "revenue" account to "US revenue." Then I created a new placeholder account called Income > Business > Tutoring > foreign revenue, and put my two revenue categories under that. This kind of change has always worked in the past. But all my new accounts are ignored in income statements now. I thought maybe I had too many levels of accounts, so I tried moving the new revenue accounts under the Tutoring category instead. But that still didn't help.

Be Well,

Scott
<<<< Scott Ellsworth || +1 (775) 386-2519 >>>>