[GNC] new accounts are omitted from reports

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jan 10 14:44:06 EST 2024

I'm pretty sure this is already filed as a bug or RFE.

GnuCash doesn't auto-add new accounts when you have generic top-level
accounts selected for a report when using saved configurations.

You have to edit the account selection to include the new accounts then
update your saved configuration.

However, if just running a fresh report that auto-selects accounts (such
as the Income Statement) it should include them. (as long as they are
not marked 'hidden')

Note, if you had a report already in a tab and then added the accounts,
that isn't a fresh report, you'd need to manually add the accounts and
refresh it. Or just run a new fresh report.

Regards,
Adrien