ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] GnuCash Service Outage Sat, Aug 25 1000-1800 US/EDT

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 23 19:18:49 EDT 2012

Hi all,

In short:

What: GnuCash System Maintenance
When: Saturday, August 25, 2012   1000-1800 US/EDT (1400-2200 UTC)
Why:  Move GnuCash server into its new rack location and transfer power
      to the new UPS system
Who:  You?  This will affect Subversion, Email, Wiki, Trac, Gncbot

I'm planning to install the GnuCash everything server into its new rack
location this Saturday, August 25.  This will require powering down the
systems in order to move them, install them into the rack, rewire
everything, and get them up on the new UPS system.  This will affect the
GnuCash Everything Server, which manages Subversion, Wiki, Trac, and
Email.  The website (www.gnucash.org) will not be affected.

The exact time of the move (and hense the start of the downtime) is
somewhat dependent on my daughter's schedule for the day.  Similarly, I
don't know how long it will take me to move and rewire the equipment, so
the length of downtime is also unknown.  I'm trying to pre-install the
necessary shelving and making sure I have all the cables I need before I
start, but obviously issues always crop up.

I will send out a reminder email before I start taking stuff down, and I
will try to make announcements on IRC during the process.  Keep in mind
that my network will be down as part of the move, so I will fall offline
myself.  I'll send email and announce on IRC when the move is complete.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues with this plan.

Thanks,