[gnucash-de] finance-quote question

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Sa Mär 31 17:51:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

for me finance-quote support recently broke. Surprising is that on the command
line, thinks still look reasonable, e.g.

rd at blackbox:~$ gnc-fq-dump VWD 847400
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: 847400               <=== required
      date: 03/31/2012           <=== required
  currency: EUR                  <=== required
      last: 95.31                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 95.31                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
rd at blackbox:~$

looks ok (?), but Gnucash says, that it could not get new rates for this item.

Is finance-quote still working for anybody?

I am using the stock Debian wheezy packages (maintainers on cc):

rd at blackbox:~$ apt-cache policy gnucash
gnucash:
  Installiert: 1:2.4.10-2
  Kandidat:    1:2.4.10-2
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 1:2.4.10-2 0
        500 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        300 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ sid/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
rd at blackbox:~$ apt-cache policy libfinance-quote-perl
libfinance-quote-perl:
  Installiert: 1.17+git20110918-1
  Kandidat:    1.17+git20110918-1
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 1.17+git20110918-1 0
        500 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        300 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/debian/ sid/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
rd at blackbox:~$

Any hint to get more insight is welcome.

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch