Compiling Gnucash 1.5.0 under Helix Gnome

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:35:35 +1000 (EST)

Arne Grimstrup writes:
 > Has anybody on the list seen these errors when compiling Gnucash 1.5.0
 > under Helix Gnome?
 >
 > ./configure: gnome-config: command not found
 > checking for xmlDefaultSAXHandlerInit in -lxml... yes
 > ./configure: gnome-config: command not found
 > checking for gnome_print_context_new in -lgnomeprint... no
 > ./configure: gnome-config: command not found
 > checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml... no
 > configure: error: Cannot find gtkhtml.  See the README for more info.

Hmm.  The problem seems to be that the configure script can't find
gnome-config.  On my Debian system (with Helix gnome), that program
can be found in libgnome-dev, and presumably under RedHat the
it will be in the libgnome-devel or whatever they call the development
version of the gnome libraries on your system.

If not, try the --with-gnome-config command with the full path to
wherever you've installed gnome-config.

However, looking at the configure.in script, it's doing something
rather odd which might be a bug.  Stay tuned.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net