Compiling Gnucash 1.5.0 under Helix Gnome

Arne Grimstrup arne@cs.dartmouth.edu
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:17:59 -0400

On Aug 01, 2000, Robert Graham Merkel (rgmerk@mira.net) wrote:
> Arne Grimstrup writes:
>  > Has anybody on the list seen these errors when compiling Gnucash 1.5.0
>  > under Helix Gnome?
>  >
[original compiler errors deleted]

> Hmm.  The problem seems to be that the configure script can't find
> gnome-config.  On my Debian system (with Helix gnome), that program
> can be found in libgnome-dev, and presumably under RedHat the
> it will be in the libgnome-devel or whatever they call the development
> version of the gnome libraries on your system.

Thanks for the pointer.  I've install the appropriate RPM and the
gnome-config errors are gone.  Now a new message appears:

checking for xmlDefaultSAXHandlerInit in -lxml... yes
Unknown library `print'
checking for gnome_print_context_new in -lgnomeprint... no
checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml... no
configure: error: Cannot find gtkhtml.  See the README for more info.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about autoconf/automake to determine
where the problem is.

> However, looking at the configure.in script, it's doing something
> rather odd which might be a bug.  Stay tuned.

Will do.

Thanks again,

Arne

--
Arne Grimstrup                     Email:  arne@cs.dartmouth.edu
Research Associate                 Tel:    (603) 646-0319