1.4.2: first import from Quicken: "401(k)" unhandled type

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:17:47 -0500

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 05:52:51PM -0400, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Just started playing with GnuCash and tried to import my QIF of
> all-accounts from quicken (which I'm no expert in).
>
> It complained about my account type "401(k)":

This means that the QIF import code doesn't know about the 401(k)
Quicken account type.  That's OK, because gnucash doesn't either, and
the default substitution is what I would have suggested anyway.
Generally a 401(k) account is going to be very similar to a brokerage
clearing account, which I suggest should be of type BANK in gnucash.

I will send a patch to Dave that will add the new Q2k types to the
list of recognized QIF account types, but that will really just
suppress the warning message; the gnucash account type will be the
same.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble