Australian Cash Granularity

Christopher Browne cbbrowne@hex.net
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 07:24:43 -0500

On Fri, 04 Aug 2000 15:57:20 +1000, the world broke into rejoicing as
Ben Stanley <bstanley@uow.edu.au>  said:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>
> > For all of this, GnuCash has no need for awareness of the $0.05
> > granularity.  You record the amount spent, and if that is denominated
> > in single "pennies" or in groups of five, the system doesn't have
> > any need to care about this.
>
> I am proposing that gnucash be able to check that the amount falls on a
> granularity of $0.05 . I have had a few problems where I've got the amount wr
ong
> when I've typed it in. It would be nice if Gnucash would pick it up for me wh
en I
> enter the transaction.

Tell me if I'm wrong here...

The granularity only applies to _cash_ transactions, right?

You can have cheques or credit card transactions for amounts like
$12.43 or $72.19.

Or am I misunderstanding it?
--
aa454@freenet.carleton.ca - <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>
Rules of the Evil Overlord #158. "I will exchange the labels on my