Australian Cash Granularity

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 01:16:46 +1000

Christopher Browne wrote:
> Tell me if I'm wrong here...
> The granularity only applies to _cash_ transactions, right?
> You can have cheques or credit card transactions for amounts like
> $12.43 or $72.19.
> Or am I misunderstanding it?

That is correct. I think what Ben was asking for was some way to have
Gnucash query particular transactions when they appear to be cash
transactions, but do not fall on a 0.05 multiple.

Personally, I think this is too much effort for what it is worth. My
company does a reasonable amount of dealing in both cash and cheque
modes. Its just a habit you have to get into to remember to adjust the
value as appropriate when you enter cash transactions. This is not
usually a problem (for me, at least) as the receipts all clearly
indicate the rounding that happened.
We may have an issue when(if) Gnucash ever does POS stuff, but I cannot
see it being an issue otherwise.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)