HEY! Come back here! (or: why is my transaction moving?)

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 19:04:33 -0700

Jason Godfrey writes:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 09:33:11AM -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 11:11:52PM -0500, Jason Godfrey wrote:
> > > I enter the transaction in my checking account, and choose an appropiate
> > > expense account to link the transaction to. However, when I hit return th
> > > transaction disappears from my checking account and shows up only in the
> > > expense account. It also shows up as a rebate instead of an expense.
> >
> > I'm putting on my clairvoyant hat here... imagine me waving my hands over
> > a crystal ball.. hmm.. I see the words "multi-line mode".  Does that
> > mean anything to you? :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Does this apply to auto-single? That is the mode I'm in (and was in before
> I upgraded and ran into this).

When entering a new transaction, you can enter the transfer-to account
(in your example the expense account) on that line. You'll notice the
account column is labeld 'Transfer'. When you are editing existing
transactions and you change the account on the main line, you are
'moving' the transaction to another account. Note the account column
is labeled 'Account'.

dave