Proposal for modifying gnucash to use exact quantities

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 19:22:27 -0400

shelton@usq.edu.au said:
> What do you round to if I trade in 1/9 AUD ? This number is recurring
> in both BCD and pure binary.
>
> Phill

User types in an approximation (0.111).  Internal rational representation
rounds to the nearest representable number (1/9).  Display is rounded to
3 digits (0.111).

Jason D Rennie          www.ai.mit.edu/~jrennie/
MIT:  (617) 253-5339          jrennie@ai.mit.edu
MITRE: (781) 271-7249          jrennie@mitre.org