Dependancies for DocBook Dox

Christopher Browne cbbrowne@hex.net
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 22:51:35 -0500

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000 20:34:00 +0200, the world broke into rejoicing as
Niklaus Giger <ngiger@mus.ch>  said:

> >   e) [I'll need help on this one]  Integrating this into the
> >   existing Makefile.in in a coherent way.
>
> Here are some snippets from Makefile.in and Makefile.am (taken from
> dejagnu-1.3.9).
>
> ## Process this file with automake to generate Makefile.in
>
> # AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS =
>
> DOCBOOK = @DOCBOOK@
> TARGETS = overview.html overview.rtf # overview.dvi overview.ps

> I hope they are useful for you.

Not too much.

The problem is that the dependancy is a fair bit more complex
than that.

The dependancy is something like that:

All of:
bofa-mym.html gnucash.html xacc-about.html xacc-accountedit.html
xacc-acctypes.html xacc-adjbalwin.html xacc-apar.html
xacc-ar.html xacc-arch.html xacc-archaeology.html xacc-ardef.html
xacc-balancereport.html xacc-balancesheet.html xacc-capitalgains.html
xacc-chartofaccts.html xacc-currencyhandling.html xacc-customreports.html
xacc-dateinput.html xacc-depr.html xacc-depreciation.html
xacc-docbookuse.html xacc-dochack.html xacc-doubledef.html
xacc-doubleentry.html xacc-doubleuse.html xacc-dupetxns.html
xacc-euro.html xacc-exthelp.html xacc-feats.html xacc-gpl.html
xacc-incexpuse.html xacc-incomeexpense.html xacc-isocurr.html
xacc-locatingtxns.html xacc-mainwin.html xacc-mantxn.html
xacc-newacctwin.html xacc-pnl.html xacc-portfolio-report.html
xacc-preferences.html xacc-preferences2.html xacc-prepaidexpenses.html
xacc-print-check.html xacc-print.html xacc-project.html
xacc-qif-import.html xacc-qif.html xacc-quicken.html xacc-quickencats.html
xacc-recnwin.html xacc-reconciliation.html xacc-references.html
xacc-regwin-kbd.html xacc-regwin.html xacc-reports.html
xacc-reportwindow.html xacc-reqs.html xacc-samplechart.html
xacc-scrubbing.html xacc-size.html xacc-stkptlo.html xacc-termsother.html
xacc-ticker.html xacc-trans-report.html xacc-userdocs.html
xacc-viewtxn.html xacc-y2k.html

depend on the combination of all of...

bofa-mym.sgml gnucash.sgml xacc-about.sgml xacc-accountedit.sgml
xacc-acctypes.sgml xacc-adjbalwin.sgml xacc-apar.sgml
xacc-balancereport.sgml xacc-balancesheet.sgml xacc-chartofaccts.sgml
xacc-currencyhandling.sgml xacc-dateinput.sgml xacc-depreciation.sgml
xacc-dochack.sgml xacc-doubleentry.sgml xacc-euro.sgml xacc-gpl.sgml
xacc-incomeexpense.sgml xacc-locatingtxns.sgml xacc-mainwin.sgml
xacc-newacctwin.sgml xacc-pnl.sgml xacc-portfolio-report.sgml
xacc-preferences.sgml xacc-preferences2.sgml xacc-print-check.sgml
xacc-print.sgml xacc-project.sgml xacc-qif-import.sgml xacc-quicken.sgml
xacc-recnwin.sgml xacc-regwin-kbd.sgml xacc-regwin.sgml xacc-reports.sgml
xacc-ticker.sgml xacc-trans-report.sgml xacc-userdocs.sgml xacc-y2k.sgml

The _real_ problem is that this isn't a fixed set of files, as
the destination filenames are generated as a result of identifiers
defined inside the SGML files.

Or I may be trying too hard to think this is a thorny problem.
--
cbbrowne@ntlug.org - <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/linux.html>
Mail should be at least a mixture of upper and lower case.  Devising