Accounting standard for "one month ago"

Rob Walker rob@valinux.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:11:37 -0700 (PDT)

Robert> As previously reported, I'm adding a new type of option for
Robert> relative dates.  I'd like to add a relative date for "one
Robert> month ago".  My simplistic definition for "one month ago" on
Robert> m/d/yy is (m-1/d/yy) but this of course poses a slight problem
Robert> on, say, the 31st of May.

Robert> What should we do here, or should I avoid the problem entirely
Robert> and use "30 days ago" instead?

There is a great perl module out there which does all of these time
things properly, and in many languages.  It can even do things like
"five business days before the fourth friday of next month."

It can also do it in multiple languages.  Sadly, I have forgotten the
name of the module.  I do remember that the docs said something to the
effect of "I know it isn't fast, use another module if you want fast.
This is meant to be complete."

rob