minor features

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:15:47 -0700

Ed Porras writes:

> I've been meaning to send something about this for a little while: the
> new reconcile dialog shows the statement closing date (defaults to the
> current date) and automatically pops up the transfer dialog for making
> the payment..
>
> regarding the first thing, could it be possible to store a date once
> the user sets it for the first time? for example, my Discover
> statement always closes on the 21st, so it would be nice if it would
> remember that every month.. or at least select the date by a set of
> rules (last day of month, etc)..

Sure, as soon as we have the new file format done and we can start
saving the additional metadata, I will add this feature.

> regarding the second, could this transaction dialog be made optional?
> I've asked around and some people (including myself) like to reconcile
> when we get the statement in the mail so we can make sure there are no
> erroneous transactions, etc.. I realize, however, that not everyone is
> anal retentive like that :)

No problem, I will put this under a 'Reconcile' section in the
options. BTW, the point of having the transation dialog pop up after
the reconciliation is that you don't send the payment until you have
reconciled the statement, so it's not really at odds with how you do
things, I would think.

dave