gtkhtml strangeness

Christopher Browne cbbrowne@hex.net
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:55:56 -0500

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:16:12 CDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
grib@billgribble.com (Bill Gribble)  said:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 12:49:15PM +0000, Jan Schrage wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 01:04:43AM -0500, cbbrowne@dantzig.brownes.org wrot
e:
> > > I'm having ill success at getting the latest CVS archives to compile;
> > > seems to be something odd with gtkhtml.
> > >
> > > I seem unable to link to it; some complaint of gtk_html_new() not
> > > being found.  It should surely be there...
> > >

> > After a bit of playing around: the configure script calls gnome-config
> > --libs gtkhtml to get what it needs. The following three line in
> > gnome-config  (inserted in the appropriate place :-) do the trick for me
> > (I had the same problem):
>
> Both of you have the same problem: you need the -dev versions of the
> packages installed also, so you get header files and the
> configure-time script bits that we need.
>
> If you have everything installed right (as Jan hinted) 'gnome-config
> --libs gtkhtml' will print something reasonable.  If it doesn't, you
> need to make sure SOME package installs a file called 'gtkhtmlConf.sh'
> in $GNOME_PATH/lib, where GNOME_PATH is generally /usr if you
> installed a Red Hat or Debian package.

That simultaneously makes things make both more and less sense.

I have installed _all_ the debian packages containing gtkhtml in their
names, namely gtkhtml and libgtkhtml3.

It looks like there is no -dev version, which is more than a bit
distressing.  Hmmm....
--
aa454@freenet.carleton.ca - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/>
"The only constructive theory connecting neuroscience and psychology