Compiled for CygWin?

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:19:56 -0700

Gaurang Hirpara writes:

> Has any of the GnuCash code been compiled for CygWin32?

I am not aware of any attempts at this. What is involved
in doing that?

> I'm starting to look at doing that and wondering if
> someone has done it already. Also, and this may be
> totally out of line, but are there any plans to make
> (re)write the code in an OO fashion at some future date?

What do you mean by 'OO fashion'? The codebase is currently divided
into several modules and there is emphasis on separating API and
implementation. Portions of the GUI use the GTK object system. There
are plans to sharpen the line between modules and to add additional
abstraction layers for things like currencies and commodity
information.  There are no plans to rewrite in an 'OO language'.

thanks,
dave