HBCI support

Achim D. Brucker brucker@informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:57:27 +0200

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:58:13AM +1000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> Ralf Bauer-Malz writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I havenīt found anything about HBCI support. Is there any planning to
>  > introduce this to GnuCash ???
>  >
>  > RBM
>  >

> I can't speak for the others on the list, but I've personally never
> heard of HBCI.  Could you explain what it is, and preferably provide
> some pointers?

It is "Home Banking Computer Interface". Today in Germany the most banks
are using (properitaery) Java-Applets (or plain HTML using https) with
PINs and TANs to provide a secure way for internet banking.
HBCI is the proposed successor of these solutions. It is planned as a
new standard for Internet/Home Banking.

One of the nice things about HBCI is, that there is a wealth on information
(including the whole spec.) available at

	http://www.hbci.de/english/index.html

I'm not sure, but I think that at the moment HBCI is only introduced/planned
in Germany.

Achim

PS: personally am not a fan of HBCI