reports

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:09:58 +1000

Dave Peticolas writes:
 > Hi Robert, it seems like Christopher Browne is busily refactoring
 > the reporting code. Are you in touch with him? We should make sure
 > your plans and his can mesh.

Yes, I've seen these plans, and from what I've seen so far it seems
like a pretty good idea.

One thing it does do is allow us to generate nicely structured
reports, without having to use the table generator, which rlb and
others have pointed out is rather complex.

BTW, relative dates are almost ready for submission.  Sorry its taken
so long, but it took considerably more code than I thought it would (the patch is
quite large).

Once that's done, I think I might try and add report saving.  That
should be relatively easy, considering that we already have code to
save options, and saving a report is essentially saving a list of
options.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net