GLADE file doesn't match sources?

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:07:19 -0600

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 02:56:11PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> at this point, the importer wants an Account Name (because there isn't
> one in the qif file).  I want to be able to select an account instead
> of typing one in.  There is no selection at this point.  If I just hit
> 'next' then it complains that I need an account.
>
> I want to add a 'select' button here.  Indeed, I've got the code to
> do it waiting.

I'm not comfortable with this approach.  This "account name" that you
are being asked for is the Quicken account name, not the gnucash one,
and having a "select" button pop up a gnucash account selector implies
to the user that it's a gnucash account name.

I would be happy to discuss another approach that provides, for
example, a default account name based on the file name, which is what
the old importer did.  I just think it's important to keep the gnucash
namespace and the Quicken namespace separate, since one of the main
purposes of the QIF importer is to make mappings between them.

b.g.