Bug? Problem with Gnucash Transcation Editor

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:52:02 -0800

"Christophe Guychard" writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've the same 'handicap', Vincenyt has. I'm French also ;o)
> And yes, we got into trouble while typing accentuated characters
> into description or memo fileds in the register...
>
> In fact it is not a bug you can easoly get rid with copy/paste.
> Because, if you copy/paste let's say an 'ê' in a memo field, it
> works. It does not if you type '^' and then 'e', there you get
> '^e' string...
>
> Maybe a trouble whith Gtk i18n support?
> (it seems not as you can use accentuated chars (ISO-8859-1) in
>  windows titles while using Gtk.)
>
> I'm still searching a solution since I found that 'bug' (I'm using
> Gnucash since 1.3.5 unstable version).

Ok, that's what I thought. It wasn't clear to me in the original
message that it was the register (and not the transaction window)
which was causing problems.

The register does not support mulit-byte character sets atm, but
I hope to have this fixed soon.

> There is the same pb with 1.5.x and CVS snapshots, + some trouble
> with i18n in XML generation code. I already told the list about
> that but did not get any feed-back...(guid-to-string, accentuated chars).

I remember one post from you about an XML error, but I didn't think
that said anything about accentuated chars. Could you explain the
error?

thanks,
dave