Bug? Problem with Gnucash Transcation Editor

Christophe Guychard Christophe.Guychard@enst-bretagne.fr
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:26:40 +0100

Hi,

I've the same 'handicap', Vincenyt has. I'm French also ;o)
And yes, we got into trouble while typing accentuated characters
into description or memo fileds in the register...

In fact it is not a bug you can easoly get rid with copy/paste.
Because, if you copy/paste let's say an 'ê' in a memo field, it
works. It does not if you type '^' and then 'e', there you get
'^e' string...

Maybe a trouble whith Gtk i18n support?
(it seems not as you can use accentuated chars (ISO-8859-1) in
 windows titles while using Gtk.)

I'm still searching a solution since I found that 'bug' (I'm using
Gnucash since 1.3.5 unstable version).

There is the same pb with 1.5.x and CVS snapshots, + some trouble
with i18n in XML generation code. I already told the list about
that but did not get any feed-back...(guid-to-string, accentuated chars).

In fact I do not have a lot of time to deal with gnucash Code, so
my bug-hunt is not as efficient as I'd like it to be :((

 > The fields in question are just gtk widgets. Do other gnome programs
> accept the Deadkey correctly?

Some Yes, other No. But in general, most of the apps deal right with
accentuated chars.

Maybe I should be considering giving more time to solve
that kind of i18n bug...but I've seen that Gtk-i18n support was undergoing
a lot of changes...
Win32 version (an early port off Glib/Gtk 1.3.x path)
already only support internal utf-8 char*.

Hope it will help.

XtoF.