Financial library

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:33:00 -0600

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 09:01:01AM -0600, Christopher Browne wrote:
> What is to be the nature of this "financial library"?
>
> Should there not be some specs of what it is to provide as services?

It is to provide financial analysis functions suitable for building
reports and graphs.  Most of these functions are simple (running
average) some are not (IRR); most of them have already been
implemented as a part of gnumeric, and we are talking to the gnumeric
people about how to refactor the code to make it useful to both them
and us.

The purpose of this discussion is to generate ideas about what we need
and what technologies are available, which should result in a
specification.

Bill Gribble